Please join us for the Windgate Homeowners Association Annual Meeting on Saturday March 14, 2015 at 9:00 am at the Naperville Presbyterian Church at Rickert and Sanctuary Lane.
All Windgate residents are invited to attend. Babysitting will be provided. We will discuss 2015 Budget, Social Activities, Landscaping Maintenance and much more.
Due to an unexpected job transfer, Ramesh Manoharan has had to step down from the position of president. The current vice-president and treasurer will be ending their two consecutive terms and will not serve a third. In addition, the Social Co-Director is up for re-election. Therefore, four positions will be available this spring: president, vice-president, treasurer and social co-director. We encourage YOU to step up–do not assume “someone else” will fill these positions. Anyone who may be interested in becoming a board member should contact current board members, who will be more than happy to discuss the benefits of any position.
Below are the duties of these positions.
1. To be Chairman of the Board of Directors and to coordinate the activities of the Association;
2. To plan and run all Board meetings and general meetings of the Association: i.e., to open all meetings at the designated time; to announce the business before the assembly in the order in which it is to be acted upon; to recognize members entitled to the floor and non-members for discussion; to state and to put up to vote all questions which are regularly moved or necessarily arise in the course of the proceedings and to announce the results of the vote; to protect the assembly from any annoyance or foolish or dilatory motions by refusing to recognize them; and to carry out all other duties as outlined in the Revised Roberts Rule of Order.
3. When necessary, to attend and participate in meetings in the community that pertain to the general welfare of Windgate–such as City Council, Plan Commission, Transportation Advisory Board (TAB), DuPage County Boards, Mayor’s meetings with Homeowners Associations, Naperville Area Homeowners Confederation, School Board, and Park District, as well as with City of Naperville staff personnel and with developers.
4. To stay attuned to new developments within Windgate and the community that affect the civic and social welfare of the subdivision.
5. To write an article in each newsletter with items of general interest and importance to the neighborhood.
The duties of the Vice President shall include:
1. To perform the duties of the President when the President is not available.
2. To attend and participate in meetings in the community that pertain to the civic welfare of Windgate such as City Council, Plan Commission, TAB, Zoning Board, DuPage County Boards, Mayor’s meetings with homeowners associations, Naperville Area Homeowners Confederation, School Board, and Park District, as well as with City of Naperville staff personnel and with developers.
3. To write an article in the newsletter as necessary with items of civic importance to the neighborhood.
4. To monitor issues that arise in Windgate, the City, the School District, and the County that affect the neighborhood, using tools such as the Naperville Sun, The Aurora Beacon News, The Tribune DuPage Section, and the Daily Herald.
5. To assist where applicable other Board members in performing their duties.
6. In the absence, disability or death of the President, to succeed to said office and carry out the duties of the office for the unexpired term.
1. To be custodian of the funds, properties, and assets of the Association and to pay all bills within the authority level authorized by the Board of Directors, provided that all funds disbursed shall be paid by check, draft, or equivalent means.
2. To maintain the Association’s books and records in accordance with standard accounting practice.
3. To prepare an annual financial report as of the close of the fiscal year, and any other required financial reports, and coordinate an independent financial review (conducted by three non-Board volunteer members selected at the annual meeting) at least annually, with a full written report to the Board.
4. To prepare the next fiscal year’s annual operating budget for presentation to the Board of Directors and to be voted on by the membership at the annual meeting.
5. To conduct, with the Secretary, the annual membership drive in January and collect the annual dues.
1. To plan and organize with a volunteer chairperson for each regular annual adult social function such as: Couples Bowling Party, Windgate Homeowners Association Progressive Dinner, etc.
2. To plan and organize with a volunteer chairperson for each regular annual family social function such as: Children’s Christmas Party, Children’s Easter Egg Hunt, Children’s Clothing Sales, and 4th of July Parade and Festivities.
3. To inform the membership of upcoming social events through an article in the newsletter.